Our Autumn Holiday Stage Camp is inspired by the rock musical ‘School of Rock’ and is all about DRAMA, MUSICAL THEATRE & ROCKING OUT.
Our stage camps are a high-octane activity for actors, dancers, musicians, singers and rockers that are renowned for being the best drama camps for creative kids in Sydney.
If you’re keen to act on stage, play in a rock band or sing and dance in a ‘street’ cool musical theatre scene, this camp is for you.
Adapting scenes from famous films, plays and musicals, we will unleash the rock 'n' roll and get you working with industry directors from NIDA, WAAPA, Sydney Dance Company and the X Factor.
Rehearsing in professional theatres, dance studios and band venues you will prepare a rock musical called ‘BATTLE OF THE BANDS’ that will amaze your family and friends and inspire you on your artistic journey.
CHOOSE TO ROCK OUT, DANCE OR SING
JOIN A BAND if you are a musician and an experienced player who can learn classic ROCK songs for the ‘BATTLE OF THE BANDS’. You must apply when you enrol by filling in the 'Instrument' field on the booking form. Kids will be selected for the different bands according to age, experience, the acting group they’ve been put in and their ability to be a team player. Or be part of the CREW! Perfect for kids who don’t play yet but love bands and want to learn about stage managing.
JOIN THE MUSICAL THEATRE TROUPE if you love to tell a story through DANCE & SONG. No matter what age or level of experience you are, there will be easy parts right through to very challenging parts for experienced contemporary, jazz and hip hop dancers. The whole routine is a physical theatre piece using the themes in ‘Another Brick In The Wall’ by Pink Floyd. It will be very modern and street cool with great parts for dancers and kids who can belt out the melody lines.
BE A SINGER if you can hold a tune and give it some attitude! We’ll put singers in front of a mic and learn to front the bands as a lead singer or sing back up and help their band battle it out in our theatrical ‘BATTLE OF THE BANDS’. Or, if musical theatre is more your style, you can sing and dance with the musical theatre group.
...What happens at camps?
BREAK IT DOWN
• We respect each child’s individual talent
• Everyone at stage camp is an ACTOR first and foremost, and everyone will perform in our camp concert.
• Everyone gets to choose an optional elective between playing in a rock band or singing/dancing in a musical theatre routine.
• We group actors into scenes based on age and experience and rehearse a script we’ve adapted from Broadway musicals, movies and stage plays.
• For younger kids, we run a play building session every day that puts the emphasis on original storytelling - NOT script learning. They then will join the musical theatre group to learn a physical theatre piece that combines street dance moves and songs with theatre.
• All actors work under the direction of our popular inner west youth theatre directors Guillaume Barriere (NIDA) and Mel Senter (WAAPA) and musical theatre performers work with Majeda Beatty (ABC3 ‘Ready For This’ and X Factor).
...And the hits keep coming!
THIS CAMP WE’RE GOING NEXT LEVEL AND LAUNCHING OUR OWN ACTORS AGENCY!
We are excited to launch our own young actors agency and are looking to represent school aged actors who have aptitude and are passionate about drama.
We will only represent kids who attend classes or youth theatre rehearsals so we know them well and are across their skill level and development as actors. We want children who are willing to embrace the challenge of working in the Australian film/tv/theatre industry and will only represent actors we know well and can manage effectively. New actors who do not attend our program can apply at the ‘School of Rock’ stage camp and we will provide you with all the information needed to make an informed decision. Annual membership fees apply to cover required materials and industry fees.
Contact Annie Macarthur for more information email
AUTUMN HOLIDAY STAGE CAMP
Monday 15 April to Thursday 18 April
• Private Bus transport between Leichhardt and venues;
• Supervision between class times;
• Camp Concert at 6.00pm on the final day at The Greek Theatre. Remember to invite family and friends!
Day 1 - 3 Sessions run from 9.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Day 4 Sessions run from 9.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 5.30pm, followed by Camp Concert at 6.00pm
Venues: Hellenic Art (Greek) Theatre, Addison Road Community Centre, 142 Addison Road, Marrickville.
A bus will run kids to and from Band rehearsal at Glebe Music Project and Dance rehearsal at The New Theatre.
EARLY BIRD RATE $290 per child for four days of performance making and skill building.
To book securely online CLICK HERE
“We’ve been to most of the drama camps in Sydney and this was the best by far”
Please note: If minimum numbers are not reached 10 days before camp begins classes may change or be cancelled (with a full refund).
If you have an enquiry regarding your child, our artistic program, tutors or day to day schedule please contact Annie on 0422 977 692. If you have an account enquiry or payment request, please contact Peter on 0411 134 421.
Questions? Contact Annie Macarthur
0422 977 692 | Email